A WooCommerce high risk payment gateway is a payment processing tool for ecommerce merchants in the high risk space. If you sell items such as cbd, adult products, or firearms, the custom WooCommerce gateway allows them to accept credit card transactions online.
The high risk gateway installs on the backend of your site as a seamless integration. The difficulty is finding one that works within your unique vertical. Many types of websites are deemed high risk because they offer adult products or other mature items like firearms or smoking accessories.
Best Payment Gateway For WooCommerce
The best payment gateway for WooCommerce is Zen Payments. Their seamless integrations and easy to use payment features help you manage transactions quickly and easily. With a number of tech partners, Zen Payments provides you with the best gateway solutions on the market by taking a deep dive into what you need for your business.
WooCommerce Credit Card Processing
WooCommerce comes equipped with many options for accepting credit card payments. However, many of the large payment providers don’t allow you to sell certain types of products using their payment gateway. Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions of each processing option they offer.
WooCommerce Payments is their in-house payment provider. Like Shopify Payments for example, they extended their platform tools to include a credit card processor they can manage. This allows them to monitor and have full control of transactions on your website. The benefit is that you can get quickly approved, however, you risk getting shut down if they audit your high risk store.
What Industries Are Considered High Risk for WooCommerce?
Like many other payment processors, WooCommerce underwrites your merchant account according to their standards. Even if they approve you immediately, they may close your account later on if it’s inconsistent with their regulations. For example, they look towards high risk payment partners to onboard CBD product sites. But what other types of businesses are considered high risk?
Take a look at the list below to find out the types of industries that WooCommerce labels high risk. If you run a business in one of these verticals, be sure to reach out to a payment gateway provider who can get you approved:
- CBD – CBD is derived from the hemp plant, and is related to marijuana. If you sell products with hemp-based extracts, you will need a separate merchant provider. Get a CBD payment gateway on WooCommerce by reaching out to Zen Payments and beginning the application process.
- Adult – From streaming and videos to books and toys, the adult industry is a high risk when it comes to payment processing. Many adult items can get quickly approved while streaming is a bit more difficult.
- Subscription – Recurring monthly billing for your subscription box product can sometimes increase your chargeback rates which are the bane of processing companies.
- Firearms – Weapons and guns are age restricted and can present harm to their owners or others. As a vendor you’ll need certain certifications and a commensurate gateway to sell items and accept online payments.
- Nutraceuticals – Health supplements and other dietary products are ingestible that aren’t always FDA approved. Moreover, the continuity billing model can up the risk level when it comes to how banks view your merchant account
What Payment Processors Does WooCommerce Accept?
WooCommerce works with a number of reputable payment processors like Stripe, Paypal, Square and others. Each of them have their own payment gateway and online checkout interface which exchanges funds after purchases. A business owner can shop for the payment gateway they want by going to WooCommerces payment gateways extension page for online payments.
It’s important to note that the top credit card processors for WooCommerce are not high risk merchant account providers. Also known as aggregate merchant accounts , these companies pool payments together in order to hedge risk. This allows them to instantly approve a high risk merchant account, but unfortunately they can close it later on after they audit your websites.
CBD Payment Gateway WooCommerce
A CBD payment gateway for WooCommerce connects directly to your merchant account to provider credit card processing capabilities. This integration works as a third-party tool and isn’t directly associated with WooCommerce regulations. As a result, if you have a CBD company you can work with a high risk processor who will connect your merchant account to a gateway.
How Does WooCommerce Work?
WooCommerce is a shopping cart platform that helps new companies easily build websites. Like Shopify, WooCommerce comes with a full-spectrum of tools and features to help new business owners create their online store. From creating product pages to checking out of your cart with a merchant account integration, WooCommerce has it all.
Table of Contents
- - Best Payment Gateway For WooCommerce
- - WooCommerce Credit Card Processing
- • What Industries Are Considered High Risk for WooCommerce?
- - What Payment Processors Does WooCommerce Accept?
- - CBD Payment Gateway WooCommerce
- • How Does WooCommerce Work?