Learn With Us
Read Our Blog Nationwide
What Do I Need To Get A Firearms Merchant Account?
Getting your Firearm Merchant Account
Whether it is online, or in-person gun and ammunition sales are at an all-time high in the United States. That means that securing your reliable firearms merchant account, and an ammunition merchant account has never been more important. You’ll want to make sure that you find someone who is reputable within the industry and has a tried and true method of keeping your merchant account actively processing payments. Firearms require a high risk merchant account, and you need to make sure that your company has checked all of the boxes required to sell firearms, ammunition, and other weapons and accessories online.
What Do I Need?
With firearms and ammunition merchant accounts, there are a few things that you will need to start processing payments.
- Any business selling guns will need to acquire a Federal Firearms License or an FFL. FFL’s are required by law to be able to sell or manufacture firearms. FFL licensed dealers have to adhere to laws in place to limit liability and ensure the safe operation of these firearms. This is required to be able to receive a merchant account.
- Once you have applied for your FFL, it will need to be approved by the ATF. To get approved you will need to be 21 or older, legally eligible to possess a firearm, and not have any prior Gun Control Act violations.
- Ammunition and other gun accessories do not require an FFL. This is something to keep in mind when starting your business. Even though these subjects don’t require an FFL, they’re still recognized as high risk.
- A merchant account provider who is reputable. Companies like Stripe, Paypal, and Square won’t be accessible options to your business, because they do not deal with firearms. This means that it is up to vet the right company and make sure that they have a history of providing long-lasting merchant accounts in the firearm industry.
Start Selling Today
As you can see, there are quite a few things that are required of you to start selling firearms and ammunition legally. Each state has different laws please be sure to follow your local legislation when setting up your firearm and ammunition shop. Abiding by all laws will help ensure you get approved for processing, and will get you approved to sell much faster. With that being said, there is no time like the present to get started on this! Zen Payments has been helping businesses like yours for the last 15 years and will make sure that you get approved, and have a long-lasting merchant account. Don’t get your funds frozen by choosing the wrong firearms payment processing company. It’s an easy 4-step process with Zen Payments
- Fill out the contact us form/ call us
- Fill out your application with a member of our sales team
- Get underwriting approval for your merchant account
- Approval and set up.
Let our expertise in the firearm and ammunition industry help you today. Whether it’s your own site, or you’re a reseller on GunBroker.com we have got you covered! We work with thousands of high risk merchants every day, call us today!